Dave Cousins Debut Solo Album Two weeks Last Summer Reissued in November. Now with Bonus Tracks
Dave Cousins Debut Solo Album Two weeks Last Summer
Reissued in November.
Now with Bonus Tracks
• NEWLY REMASTERED & EXPANDED EDITION OF THE CLASSIC 1972 SOLO ALBUM BY STRAWBS FOUNDER DAVE COUSINS
• FEATURING RICK WAKEMAN, ROGER GLOVER, JON HISEMAN & MILLER ANDERSON
• REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES
• WITH FIVE BONUS TRACKS
• FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK & NEW ESSAY BY DAVE COUSINS
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the release of a newly re-mastered edition of the classic 1972 solo album by STRAWBS founder DAVE COUSINS, Two Weeks Last Summer.
Recorded at The Manor studio, Oxfordshire in June 1972, the album followed on the heels of the highly successful STRAWBS album Grave New World. With many songs still to record, Dave Cousins chose to record a solo album utilising different musicians.
An impressive cast of players was drafted for the sessions including former Strawbs member and keyboard player RICK WAKEMAN, bassist ROGER GLOVER (from Deep Purple), drummer JON HISEMAN (from Colosseum) and guitarist MILLER ANDERSON (from the Keef Hartley Band). The album also saw contributions from future Strawbs member DAVE LAMBERT.
Two Weeks Last Summer featured a host of wonderful material, including the epic Blue Angel, the classic title track (later recorded by Sandy Denny / Fotheringay), We’ll Meet Again Sometime, The Actor and Ways and Means. Although failing to chart upon its release, the album is now regarded as a lost classic and worthy of anything Strawbs recorded at the peak of their success.
This Esoteric Recordings edition has been newly re-mastered from the original master tapes and features five bonus tracks. The release restores the original artwork and includes a new essay by Dave Cousins.
1. TWO WEEKS LAST SUMMER
2. OCTOBER TO MAY
3. BLUE ANGEL
ii. HALF WORLDS APART
iii. AT REST
4. THAT’S THE WAY IT ENDS (INCLUDING “THE WORLD”)
5. THE ACTOR
6. WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD
7. WAYS AND MEANS
8. WE’LL MEET AGAIN SOMETIME
9. GOING HOME
10. THE ACTOR (ALTERNATE MIX)
11. WAYS AND MEANS (ALTERNATE TAKE)
12. I’VE BEEN MY OWN WORST FRIEND
13. SEE HOW THEY RUN (1972 DEMO WITH DAVE LAMBERT)
14. THE RIP OFF BLUES (1972 DEMO)